2023 Wagga Application Form
ICMJ Wagga Student Application Form 2023
University or College:
What are you currently studying? (University/college course name)
Are you currently employed in the industry? If so, what is your employers name?
(Required for Teys plant related activities) If no, put NA in the box
Are you a Coach or a Student?
Please select one
Date of birth:
This assists us in assigning rooms
Do you have any dietary requirements?
If so, please list below.
Why do you wish to attend the ICMJ program? What do you see as the benefits?
What are your current career plans?
Which industries are you interested in?
Livestock marketing (agent)
School education (teaching)
Meat processing (working within abattoirs)
Quality Assurance/lab technician
Further study (eg. phD)
Up to 5 Australian students from the Intercollegiate Meat Judging Competition will become the Australian Meat Judging team to travel on an industry tour to the USA. If you become an Australian team member, explain:
What benefits would you get from travelling and competing as part of an industry tour to the USA?
What aspect of the industry would you be most interested in finding out more about if you were selected to travel on the USA industry tour?
If you were selected to attend the USA tour, what do you see as your potential return contribution to the Australian industry? (If you are an international student, please explain how your Australian ICMJ experience will benefit you and your contribution to your industry)
Note: Selected Australian team members will be required to contribute $500 towards their trip.
Have you had a QFever vaccination (or been exempt from receiving)?
Upload Q-fever documents
Please upload your QFever vaccination certificate. If you have not had a vaccination for QFever, please upload a document stating this.
ICMJ Behaviour Code of Conduct
STUDENTS MUST APPROVE THIS
Please read the code of conduct below:
I certify that I am eligible to compete in the Australian Intercollegiate Meat Judging competition and agree to abide by the rules of the competition, as set out in the Australian ICMJ Operations Manual and the below Code of Behaviour
1. Coaches are to ensure all students are aware of the Behaviour Code of Conduct and that they represent their college/university in a responsible manner
2. Students are reminded that their behaviour throughout the ICMJ workshop can influence their selection for the final group of students to attend the Australian Meat Grading Training Week in Brisbane and ultimately the team to represent Australia on an industry tour
3. All functions are compulsory for all students. Failure to attend any of the functions will deem the student/s ineligible for selection for the final group of students to attend the Australian Meat Industry Training Week in Brisbane and ultimately the team to represent Australia in the USA
4. There is to be no socialising in the outdoors areas within the accommodation grounds after 9pm.
5. If students wish to stay up past 9pm, they are to do so in their respective common area within their own accommodation residence.
6. Students are to be considerate of others when returning to their rooms at night
7. Excessive consumption of alcohol or any use of illegal substances will not be tolerated
8. Consumption of alcohol at functions held at the conference venues must be purchased from the conference venues
9. Any damage to the rooms or accommodation facilities or conference venues will be repaired at a cost to the student responsible
10. In the event of a breach of the Behaviour Code of Conduct, the student/s and their coach will be asked to explain their behaviour to an ICMJ committee member. The outcome could result in disqualification from the ICMJ Contest and is at the discretion of two members of the Executive – President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Chief Steward.
I agree to these terms and conditions
I agree to becoming a member of ICMJ and agree to the Constitution
I give permission to ICMJ to place my details on a database to receive industry information and employment opportunities.
I give permission for any photos of me from the ICMJ workshop to be published or used in marketing material including the media, the ICMJ website and social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.